October 7, 2019

Weekend Favorites: Recipe (Almost Dairy Free)

Over the weekend I made a dairy-free version of my Grandmother's delicious and creamy oatmeal....well, pretty close to it. For a very long time, one of my Cousins and I have tried to recreate my Grandmother's Oatmeal. She told us the recipe but still, we can't quite make it the same as hers, it is just the BEST. I have come close to it though. However, since discovering that I have to cut dairy out due to a sickness (very difficult btw.)  I am trying to find creative ways to still enjoy some of my dairy inclusive recipes without dairy. So here is my version of a creamy, delicious yet (almost) dairy-free oatmeal.

Ingredients:
Oats- mine was one serving
Brown Sugar or Cane Sugar- desired sweetness
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons of Butter ( trying to find a good dairy-free alternative)
a pinch of salt
coconut milk or a dairy-free alternative
a cinnamon stick- I bought mine at Crate and Barrel
Walnuts

Instructions:
Let Coconut Milk simmer with vanilla extract and butter. Add in the cinnamon stick, salt, and oats and let it cook slowly for about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in sugar. Pour in your favorite bowl and top with a dash of cinnamon and walnuts for some protein and enjoy! Let me know if you've tried this recipe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home