October 1, 2020

Curly Hair Care

Hi Friends! I wanted to share my hair care routine with you all; now I realize that this post may not be everyone's cup of tea. But, I do get questions about what products I use, and wanted to share my process and the exact products that I use. My deep conditioning and wash day is very involved and takes hours sometimes. But I'm thankful for the health and volume that I have been blessed with. Also, not sponsored, but I wanted to share the vitamins that I have been taking that I believe contributes to the growth and health that I have been experiencing lately.


 
This picture above is right before giving my hair a good wash; it was also in need of a deep conditioning but as you can see there's lots of volume.

I love Mary Ruth's collagen-boosting gummies and biotin gummies, I also take regular capsules but have been loving these lately and they taste good and makes me feel like when I was a little kid eating my gummy vitamins😆

I "TRY" to deep condition weekly, it doesn't always happen but I do try. Deep conditioning helps with retaining moisture the tighter the curl pattern (me) the harder retaining moisture can be, that's why it's so important.
Sometimes I just clarify my hair and scalp with Apple cider vinegar (ACV) and then follow up with a conditioner and rinse. But these are the products that I use and have been using for years, literally, and they work great for me. 
I always- ALWAYS ALWAYS, have a leave-in conditioner for my hair and I use this one, and it's great! Very moisturizing. I occasionally use African Black soap as a clarifier and I also use it as a body wash too there are so many great benefits. Coconut oil, Shea butter for both hair and skin during the winter, when I do use a shampoo (currently on major sale)I use this one and the matching conditioner. I know this may sound weird but I only shampoo once a month because I use the ACV for in between shampoos and it works better than shampoo for me. Another favorite conditioner is this one, Depending on what my hair needs at that time I'll deep condition and follow up with regular conditioner. You might see a theme here but conditioner, conditioner, conditioner is the main process for my hair. 
Let me know if you have any favorite hair care products or if you use any of these. 
Thank you so much for stopping by and happy first day of October!🍁



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home