February 17, 2018

Never Forsaken

     As Humans, we always seem to want more and more. I read a wonderful verse and promise that God gave us, Hebrews 13:5 King James Version (KJV)
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
I was thinking about the first part of the verse where it talks about covetousness and being content, I think contentment starts with having a thankful heart. I have found if I'm thankful for what I have now and not wanting more or even coveting what others have -which is a form of envy- I've found that I'm more content. The last part of the verse is so wonderful, God says that He'll never leave us or forsake us so therefore if I have a need He will graciously provide - which I have also experienced so many times in my life. God knows what we have need of and always works things out right on time. So, I'm working on having a thankful and content heart because I know God will never forsake me.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home