October 17, 2017

Autumn Energy Bar Recipe

      Hi There!  So, we all know that I like to cook and eat healthy, as much as possible. ( Never mind my frequent chick-fil-a stops that doesn't count.) I also love healthy snacks for my busy on the go life.  So, I recently was given a non-cooking snack bar recipe and I wanted to share it with you.  I tweaked mine according to what I had in my kitchen and my personal taste.  Let me know if you make this delicious energy bar.  I filled mine with some yummy autumn inspired ingredients. Like Pumpkin seeds and cranberries.

Here's my version of this recipe.
Ingredients:
1 cup dried cranberries with less sugar added 
half cup of chopped pecans
a third cup sunflower seeds
a third cup of pumpkin seeds
half cup of dried fruit ( I used apricots, figs & plum)
a tablespoon of flax seed
a tablespoon in a half of honey
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
    In a food processor or blender, pulse the dried fruit, pecans, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds until very finely chopped.  Add the dried Cranberries, flaxseed, sesame seeds, pulse mixture and honey and stir it until it starts to form a ball.  Prepare a piece of parchment paper to fit a small pan approximately 8x8 and press mixture very firmly into into prepared dish with lightly greased fingers.  Cover with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.  Afterwards cut into about 6-8 bars.  You can store it in a container for up to 2 weeks or place in cellophane bags with a bow and share it or bring it with you for an  between meeting snack like I did. I love this super easy recipe and will be making it again really soon. Thank you for stopping by and reading.




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 18, 2017 at 3:44 PM , Anonymous Jayme said...

These look so yummy, and easy, too!

 
At October 18, 2017 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Livingshae said...

They are so delicious! I loved making them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home