July 25, 2020

Setting my sights higher

Good morning Friends! Lately I have been so overwhelmed, frustrated, saddened, scared, and helpless to everything that’s been happening in the world. By nature I fight for my beliefs and for things that are right- that’s just who I am as a person and will always be. I’m definitely NOT a wall flower. But lately, it’s been so much to where I feel helpless and discouraged. So many opinions/feelings over Facts.
But I constantly have to remind myself of a wonderful Bible verse, Colossians 3:2 KJV
[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

If I set my sights higher,  on the ONE who matters most and knows what’s best and knows what’s happening and knows the end from the beginning. I can rest assure that Jesus has everything under control. When it seems like things are out of control- God is in complete control.
Knowing this brings my heart true peace and setting my sights higher makes me see the bigger picture. That this world in all of its chaos is ultimately not my eternal home. My eternal home will not have violence, hate, sicknesses, death, or division or any other terrible thing. My eternal home will be truly peaceful and everyone will get along. So when I feel that discouragement start creeping up again; I’ll just remind myself to set the sights higher🙏🏾

Have a blessed day Friends!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2020 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Annaliese said...

What an important reminder in the midst of such stressful and uncertain times. Have a beautiful weekend friend!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

 
At July 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Livingshae said...

Yes, I have to remind myself of this! You have a beautiful weekend too Friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home