June 21, 2020

Sunday Meal prep Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit Cheddar Crisps

Happy Sunday evening friends. Today was a semi-productive day, meaning I didn’t get any house chores done. But I did manage to get some meal prep done and make a delicious recipe. I’ll be home in Florida most of this week and also working from home on some schedules. So I wanted to make a healthier and delicious meal for at least two days of this week. When I travel, obviously I eat out and sometimes it’s a lot of quick unhealthy foods. So when I’m home I like to reset and make something healthy, delicious, and somewhat quick. So as you may know, Callie’s hot little biscuit is my favorite biscuit company and I have two packages of their biscuit mix in my pantry. I was thrilled when they sent me a package of their frozen biscuits as well as their cheese crisps. Their cheese crisps to me are a combination of a cheez-it and a crouton with a dash of spice due to the pepper. I wanted to incorporate the cheese crisps into my meal this week so I put my creative thinking cap on and decided on making baked breaded chicken thighs using the cheese crisps and some bread crumbs mixed together. So I whipped out my cookware and went to cooking and MY OH MY!!!!! It turned out better than I thought. I’ll humbly give myself a 10 out of 10👏🏾 I highly suggest making this for yourself. I included homemade Baked seasoned sweet potato fries and carrots and broccoli for all of the healthy vitamins.

Here is the recipe. Note* I'm a single person so this recipe can be adjusted to your particular needs.
4 chicken thighs - I used the one with the skin on.
1/2 of a cup of bread crumbs- you can use seasoned. I used unseasoned because that's what I had in my pantry.
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper for your chicken if you don't have seasoned bread crumbs.
Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle olive oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper. 
Mix the bread crumbs and Cheese crisps together and spread over chicken and then place in oven until it's thoroughly cooked. And then through together some sides and enjoy your meal.

Callie's Hot Little Biscuit can be found in grocery stores like Costco, Fresh Market, and online also. They actually started as an online company shipping their delicious family recipe biscuits. So if you don't have a Fresh Market or a Costco near you, sending it via mail is a great option. I received my biscuits via mail and it was packaged nicely. 
Let me know if you try this recipe, I'd love to know. I know that many of you message me with kind words stating that you love my recipes and love when I share them.

Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog. 
Hugs, 
from the Sunshine State🌞

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home