January 25, 2021

Home office & Kitchen flooring Renovation Part 1

Happiest of Mondays to you Friends! Thank you all for the sweet messages about my feature in Southern Living Magazine, I'm beyond grateful and humbled that they even reached out to me last year for this feature. I've been keeping it a secret for a long time and I'm so happy to finally share the news. As soon as I get my copy, I'll try to write a blogpost about it.

But I've been wanting to share some before and after pictures of the flooring in my kitchen and home office. And my oh my, what a difference changing the flooring, removing a large cabinet for more space and repainting the walls and trim can make. I'm still not done with both of these specs but walking into both of these rooms spark so much joy now with the renovating that I've gotten done so far.

Pictured below is the new flooring.




Old flooring underneath the carpet.

So first things first, there was this horrible dark green textured carpet in both room. Yes! Carpet in the kitchen- WHAT ON EARTH WERE THE PREVIOUS OWNERS THINKING!!!???? Carpet in the kitchen is equally as disgusting as carpet in the bathroom! I was curious to know what was underneath because I did find the original hardwoods underneath some carpet in the hallway and Master bedroom.
But needless to say, No hardwood, just this very old broken tile from I don't know when. This horrid looking tile also went into my laundry area. My Flooring guy is amazing and I love how my floors turned out.

We also removed this big cabinet and there is so much more space. 

Lets talk about this paint color- The color shown is a canary yellow. Yellow is a pretty color, but I love a more neutral palette so that I can switch things up and I love the more calm coastal tones. 


Before Reno
Bye Bye green carpet and yellow walls.



 



Loving the new color- White Duck Sherwin Williams.
This is the same corner above, just transformed below.

I'll try to share Part 2 soon with you! But I hope that you enjoy Part 1. 




Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 28, 2021 at 4:09 AM , Blogger B. Todd said...

Hi, I discovered your blog this morning while thumbing through magazines. Your blog is refreshing and the photos are beautiful. Keep the good ideas coming. I'm an older reader, but style is ageless.

 
At January 28, 2021 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Livingshae said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind comment! More inspiring blogpost coming.

 
At April 5, 2022 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Asad shah said...

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Hardwood Floor Refinishing in Greer SC

 
At July 24, 2022 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Vinyl Plank Flooring Nashville said...

Check this kind of article and I found your article which is related to my intrigued. Vinyl Board floor repair it is sweet and educator data. Thankful to you for sharing writing like this.

 
At August 21, 2022 at 6:49 PM , Blogger thea said...

nice article I want to more about House Renovation Cost Philippines

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home